• 34 W 32nd St, 10th Floor New York, NY 10001
  • 347-897-5339

At DREAMIT ESL, INC., we provide high quality ESL instruction to non-native speakers of English in various levels of proficiency in order to ensure that all students, regardless of age (18+), gender, occupation or ethnic background, receive proper support in the classroom to meet their academic, social/practical, or professional needs.

Student Services

We provide appropriate information and advice to students. Students will receive academic and professional development advising and counseling as required.

While studying at DreamIT ESL, Inc., students are provided with:

  • Academic, and personal, and advising and additional assistance as necessary;
  • Referrals for professional assistance for students are made as necessary;
  • Information regarding extracurricular and social, cultural events as appropriate;
  • Support in their adjustment to the program or institution and to the surrounding culture and community;
  • Information and advice on health insurance plan if required;
  • Our small classes and nurturing school community offer students a supportive and stimulating environment in which to further their general education while expanding their skills in English.
  • The faculty members work closely with each student to develop a course of study based on the student’s abilities and academic goals.
  • Students receive help in accessing local resources.
  • Procedures of Consultative Advising & Referral Policy
    • When students are in need of personal, and academic advising, they should contact school agents. Or, students may contact faculty for advising.
    • During the meeting, if students’ needs are beyond the capability of school agents or faculty, the school agents or the faculty recommend students to contact the ESL director and the academic director.
    • In the event that the ESL director or the academic coordinator feels that students’ needs exceed their capability, then the ESL director or the academic coordinator refers students to qualified professionals in that field.
    • In the event that students are referred to the qualified professionals, DreamIT ESL, Inc. agents closely monitor and regularly meet with the students to make sure the students’ needs are met. All meeting logs are completed with narratives by agents in charge and placed in the binder.

Health Insurance

Medical treatment in NYC is expensive, so it is highly recommended that all students purchase health insurance for their stay in NYC. Students may speak to their agents at any time regarding further information about student health insurance. However, purchasing health insurance is not mandatory.

Culture Recreation/Social Events

While studying at DreamIT, ESL, Inc., all students have access to many fun, educational, social, and recreational activities. Throughout the course of study, students are offered extra-curricular cultural outings/field trips in New York City, ranging from museum visits to outdoor activities, cultural parades, and free concerts. To further enhance student's social and cultural experiences, our friendly staff plans holiday parties before or after class to foster school spirit and introduce students to American culture and holidays.

Field Trip Safety Procedures

  • Prior to field trips, the faculty takes attendance at school.
  • The faculty makes sure all students sign a field trip waiver form and return it to the academic coordinator for approval.
  • All students bring their cell phones with them.
  • The faculty clearly explains to students the route, address, and direction of the field trip before leaving the school.
  • The faculty makes sure if there are any students who have food allergies or any health-related issues. If any, the faculty must report them to school and closely monitor these students during the field trip.
  • Students must not separate from the faculty or the group. In the event, they separate from the group, the students call the faculty and the school immediately.
  • In an emergency situation, students must call 911 or the police office.
  • At the end of the field trip, the faculty must take attendance again to make sure all students safely return to the school or home.
  • At the end of the field trip, the faculty must inform the school that the field trip ends safely.

Living Accommodation Assistance

DreamIT ESL, Inc. does NOT accommodate or arrange living houses or apartments as well as dormitories to any students by itself or at the campus.

Security and Safety

DreamIT ESL, Inc. is concerned about the safety and welfare of all campus members and guests and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. DreamIT ESL, Inc. has developed a series of Policies and Procedures that are designed to ensure that every possible precautionary measure is taken to protect persons on campus. In order to reasonably prevent such incidents, a competent and trained school administration office is present. Nevertheless, faculty, staff and students are responsible for following a number of measures to ensure that they and their possessions are adequately protected. To report a crime or emergency, call 911 or contact the office at 347-897-5339. The Office maintains a close working relationship with all appropriate law enforcement agencies and elements of the criminal justice system. Numerous efforts are made to advise members of the campus community in a timely basis about campus crimes and crime-related problems. The institution encourages its faculty, staff and students to report any crimes and suspicious activities immediately. The institution’s building is accessible to members of the campus community and to guests and visitors during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, and for limited designated hours on weekends during periods of time when the school is in normal operation. Public Safety policies and procedures, especially regarding locking individual rooms, building entrances and related precautions are discussed with participants in crime prevention seminars, in routine floor meetings conducted by the building management and in printed materials which are posted and distributed by the school The institution’s students have a right to live in an environment free from sexual harassment and/or assault. If a student experiences any circumstance that can be interpreted as a sexual offense, that student should report to the school agents. The student also has the option to notify the proper law- enforcement authorities and the option to be assisted by campus authorities in notifying such authorities.

Procedures for on-campus disciplinary action in case of an alleged sexual offense shall include a clear statement of the following:
  • The accuser and the accused are entitled to the same opportunities to have others present during a campus disciplinary proceeding.
  • Both the accuser and the accused shall be informed of the outcome of any campus disciplinary proceeding alleging a sexual offense;
  • Students receive help in accessing local resources.
  • Possible sanctions for sexual assault include, but are not limited to the following;
    • Fines
    • Disciplinary probation
    • Expulsion

The possession, use, or sale of firearms, ammunition, fireworks, major or minor explosives or any legal weapon is forbidden and subject to school discipline as well as to criminal sanctions. DreamIT ESL, Inc. complies with federal, state and local laws including those, which regulate the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages and controlled substances. The following represents the drug and alcohol policies of DreamIT ESL, Inc.

On the school's premises or at school-sponsored activities, the following are prohibited: Distribution, possession or use of any illegal drugs or controlled substance; Providing alcoholic beverages to individuals under 21 years of age, possession of alcoholic beverages by individuals under 21 years of ages; illegal possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage, public intoxication, driving while intoxicated and drinking alcoholic beverages in an unlicensed public place.

Life in the U.S.

Housing Options
(or condos) are part of buildings or complexes that have multiple floors and units. Each unit will include a bedroom/living area, kitchen, and a bathroom. Apartments and condos may have laundry facilities on site (within the building) or inside each apartment. More expensive complexes may also have security features like locked outside entrances, gates and cameras or facilities like a pool, sauna and fitness center.
Houses can be leased from property managers or real estate agencies, or from private homeowners directly. Houses may or may not include appliances and furnishings. Houses may include a yard, garage or pool. There may be additional utilities that the tenant is required to pay, such as water, garbage, and landscaping or pool maintenance. The cost of utilities tends to be higher for houses than apartments.
Renting/Subletting a Room
This can be more cost effective and convenient if you are on a budget. Most of the time you will be signing an already established lease, or subleasing from the main leaseholder. In these cases it is smart to see when the current lease ends before signing it. The cost of utilities is divided up among the tenants and amenities like Internet and TV subscriptions may have already been established. A room may come furnished or unfurnished.
Getting Around the U.S.

If you need to travel a long distance in a short amount of time, consider flying. Flying is more expensive than taking a bus or train, but sometimes airlines do have deals throughout the year.

Bus (local and national)

Bus travel is a popular and inexpensive way to travel. Cities have multiple local bus routes that give you access to city centers, neighborhoods, and commercial shopping areas.


If you want to drive a car, you will be required to purchase automobile insurance, have your country's driver’s license (in English) and in many cases, an international driving permit. To obtain an international driving permit you should inquire with your home country's motor licensing organization prior to coming to the U.S. Be aware of the rules of the road and make sure you carry proof of automobile insurance at all times.

Taxi and Rideshare

Using a taxi is common, but expensive for a longer trip. Typically the starting cost is $3 plus $2-$3 per mile. It is a common practice to tip a taxi driver (between 10 and 15 percent) in addition to the fare price.


The cost of the subway is varied depending on your ticket options, but if you use it often, daily or monthly passes are available. While taking the subway can be faster than a taxi, you may see homeless people or beggars in the station area. Keep your belongings close and be aware of people around you.


Traveling by train is another option to consider. This option is more expensive than traveling by bus, but usually it is quicker. Amtrak, the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, offers rail passes, regional rail tours, and multi-ride tickets:


Riding a bicycle is a relatively inexpensive and fun way to travel within a city, but it does have its risks. If you bike on the road, there are rules you must follow. Those rules can vary from state to state.

Safety and The Law

Until you get used to where you are living, you must remember that you are giving off clear signals that you are a stranger to the city. Your clothes, your accent, and your attitude will often make you look like an obvious visitor. One of the best ways to ensure your personal safety is to use the buddy system. Whenever possible, travel with local friends, roommates or other international students. Remember that there is safety in numbers and that you are less likely to be harassed or victimized in a group. Here are some tips that can help you to increase safety and minimize security risks in the U.S.

  • Familiarize yourself with your neighborhood.
  • Guard your goods. When possible, keep all of your valuables inside your front pockets, keep your bags zipped up and difficult to access.
  • Do not carry large amounts of cash. Do not expose cash in crowded places and divide it among several places.
  • Travel with a friend as often as possible. Walk down main streets and emit confidence in where you are going.
  • Do not use an ATM machine in the dark. Don't write your ATM/Debit card pin code down or share it with anyone.
  • Take copies of important IDs with you. Keep the originals in a safe place.
  • Say no to strangers. Do not feel obligated to let someone borrow your phone or give someone directions. If you feel your safety is in danger, it is okay to leave that situation.
  • Vary your travel routes and times. Once you are used to your new community, it is easy to fall into a routine and not pay attention to what is going on around you because you have become used to your surroundings.
  • Follow your instincts. If a situation is uncomfortable, remove yourself from that situation.
  • Always lock your doors and windows (home or vehicle).
  • Sit or stand near the front of the bus or train (as close to the driver as possible) when using public transportation. Sitting in an aisle seat makes it easier to change seats if someone makes you uncomfortable.
  • Be alert. Make sure you can still hear what is going on around you if listening to music while walking or traveling.

Maintaining Lawful Non-Immigration Status in the U.S

To maintain F-1 student status you must:
  • Enter the United States no more than 30 days before your program of study begins.
  • Immediately contact your designated school official (DSO) when you enter the United States.
  • When you arrive at school, you need to contact your DSO again, no later than the program start date listed on your Form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status."
  • Attend all your classes, and maintain normal academic progress.
    - Students must register for a full time course, 18 hours/ week.
  • Students must pay all tuition and submit required admission documents prior to their commencement of class.
  • Maintain a full course of study each term. If you cannot study full time, contact your DSO immediately. You may be eligible for a reduced course load in limited circumstances.
  • Speak to your DSO before dropping a class.
  • Talk to your DSO about requesting a possible program extension if you do not think you will complete your program of study by the end date listed on your Form I-20. An extension must be requested before your program's end date.
  • F-1 students must complete at least one full academic year at an SEVP-certified school to be eligible for annual vacation. Additionally, students must intend to register for classes in the academic term following their annual vacation.
  • Once you complete your program of study, F-1 students have 60 days after completion of your program (the program end date on your Form I-20) to leave the United States. If you wish to extend your stay in the United States, talk with your DSO to learn more about doing one of the following:
    • Transfer to another school.
    • Change your education level (e.g. bachelor’s to master’s).
    • Apply to change status to another visa status (e.g. H-1B-temporary worker; O-extraordinary ability in science, art or business; P-athlete).
  • F-1 students should speak with their DSO if you are planning to do any of the following:
    • Change your major, program, or degree level.
    • Change your education level.
    • Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence.
    • Take a break from school.
    • Travel outside the United States.
    • Move to a new address.
    • Request a program extension.

International Travel During and After Your Program

Before you travel abroad, it is important to check in with your DSO. When you meet with your DSO, you should ensure that your record in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is up-to-date and in Active status.

Make sure that your DSO has signed your Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status” within the last year, and that you are not leaving the country for more than 5 months. You should also make sure that you have your DSO’s most up-to-date contact information, including both a daytime telephone number at the school and a 24-hour emergency phone number, before you leave.